Contests and raffles are extremely popular on social media. People across all social networks want to win free stuff and thus participate actively in any raffles that are conducted by their favorite brands.
By offering a great reward or incentive, you can attract a large number of people to take part in the raffle.
You can ask them to sign up to your email list to be able to opt-in or perform some other desired action. You also need to drum up the excitement level so that people actually feel something is at stake when they take part in the raffle.
At the same time, it is also crucial that you find a way to actively and accurately track the ROI you generate from your social media raffle. To make things a tad easier for you, here we will look at 5 practical ways in which you can do so.
- Using a discount code that only participants receive. Make sure your employees know to apply the discount code at checkout! Most POS systems can print discount code usage reports.
- Require a specific hashtag be used. This allows you to search the social network for the hashtag to easily track submissions.
- Use Bitly to create tracking links for your raffle. Track how many people clicked the raffle link then signed up for your email list/etc. Bitly automatically provides tracking information for all links created through your account once you create an account.
- For raffles that require participants to post something – make it required that they tag your business in their post. Then you can check your mentions to track entries.
- For raffles that are for your current customers – provide all participants who did not win a “New Customer Only” discount code that they can give to a friend. This will allow you to squeeze as much ROI from your campaign as possible by turning your current customers into brand advocates.
Do you have any social media scheduling tips or questions? Let’s discuss in the comments below!